Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer - Logistics (All Levels)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This position description does not represent a current opening but is being used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
The Logistics team located at Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Northridge, CA is seeking a self-starting, team-oriented individuals to help the defense logistics sustainment efforts on a program for the AARGM product line.
This position provides exposure opportunities with leaders in the program office as well as across functional departments within the company in support of program execution.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform logistics engineering development and sustaining tasks for a missile system and produce related work artifacts for delivery to internal and external customers
• Influence the design of the system and its support elements to effect its readiness and availability at optimum life cycle costs
• Manage the technical support of the system to sustain its useful life
• Skillfully decompose requirements from contract documentation and plan the necessary activities within a matrix organization to meet them
• Participate in bids and proposals for, and plan, facilitate and measure the effectiveness of efforts addressing the following:
-HW and SW used to support the system in both field and maintenance environments.
-Test and evaluation
-Supply support and provisioning
-Packaging and transportation
-Installation and facilities
-Technical data and data management
-Personnel and training
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field AND 2-20 years of experience in engineering logistics (not warehousing).
- Experience in aerospace and defense industry programs covering both development and sustaining lifecycle phases
- Experience with Microsoft Project, DOORS, and EVMS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain US Gov't issued Secret clearance; US citizenship is required.
- Current/active Secret clearance (or higher)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.