Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer, Sr. Principal - Cyber/System Security
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
The Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems is seeking an exceptionally qualified and proven cyber/systemsecurity systems engineer to join our System Security Engineering team. The candidate must be capable of leading technical efforts in support ofprogram cyber and system security execution across various IPTs and for a geographicallydispersed team.
Role and Responsibilities:
Candidate will perform systemsecurity engineering activities supporting all phases of systems development inthe areas of Cybersecurity / Information Assurance (IA) / system securityengineering, and security assessment and authorization (A&A) as per RMF (RiskManagement Framework) for multiple programs and R&D activities at theRedondo Beach, CA and El Segundo, CA locations for embedded and large-scaledistributed DoD space, avionics, computer, and communication systems.
Specific responsibilities includethe following:
- Define system security requirements, architecture, design, development, evaluation, certification, and accreditation for embedded and large-scale, distributed DoD space, avionics, computer, and communications systems.
- Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in security architectures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and teambuilding skills. Strong writing and oral presentation skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports.
- Work with subcontractors and commercial vendors in the selection and evaluation of secure operating systems, applications, networks, hardware, databases, etc.
- Present information in a positive manner to management and customers.
- Work on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to programs.
Candidates to have specific domainexpertise in System Security Engineering (SSE) / Information Assurance(IA)/Cyber Security; experience providing life-cycle support of InformationAssurance (IA) and Anti-Tamper (AT) for requirements, architecture, design,implementation, secure software practices, validation and testing, andCertification & Accreditation (C&A); applying system securityengineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance thesecurity posture; and evaluating different network and enclave configurationswith respect to the D0DI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls andformulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditationpackages; and write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound IA/Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Must be able toexecute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, preparecoherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
- Bachelor degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 9 years of Systems Security or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 7 years of Systems Security or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment
- Doctorate degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 4 years of Systems Security or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment
Candidate must have and be able to maintain anactive U.S. Government DoD security clearance at the Top Secret level with abackground investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able tomaintain an active U.S. Government DoD SCI access with a Single ScopeBackground Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Experience implementing cryptographic algorithms in software.
- Certification in one of the following: DoDI 8570 (CISSP), GSE, SCNA, GSLC, CISM.
- Strong systems engineering knowledge of military/intelligence systems.
- Experience developing system security engineering products and system security architectures, including development of CONOPS, Cybersecurity, IA requirements, and IA test plans/procedures.
- Experience in the development, monitoring, and enforcement of CyberseIA procedures and processes for classified information processing systems, to include implementation of system auditing.
- Experience developing security documentation in support of system security A&A (IATT/ATO) and compliance, including RMF/DIACAP, DoDI 8500.2, NIST SP 800-53.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, such as Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- Experience with networking, firewalls, intrusion detection, and penetration testing.
- Experience with HAIPE and/or NSA Type 1 crypto/key management development and integration.
- Experience with architecture/design practices for DoD system high, multi-level secure (MLS), and cross-domain systems.
- Experience with proposal development, program management, and business development.
- Experience with system architecture modeling, DODAF, UML, SysML, and use case development.
- Experience in key management for COTS/GOTS cryptographic units embedded in large systems.