Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Applications Developer II - IRIS
at Orange County
- CAREER DESCRIPTION
IT APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER II - IRISThis recruitment will be open to the public for a minimum of five business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (P.S.T.) on the day the County's needs are met.
This recruitment is being held to establish an Open Eligible List to fill current and future IT Applications Developer II vacancies within the Health Care Agency (HCA). The eligible list may also be used by other County of Orange agencies/departments to meet their staffing needs in this specialty and fill positions in similar or lower classifications.
THE HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA) is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five service areas – Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Services, and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.
Information Technology (IT) is an organization within Financial and Administrative Services. IT provides the vision, leadership, direction and strategic and tactical planning for all agency information technology initiatives.
The Health Care Agency has an opportunity for an experienced IT Applications Developer II. This position will support the overall business objectives of compliance with the new requirements of Medicaid Managed Care Plan final rule (Final Rule) requirements, the addition of the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS), the newly-required performance outcome system under Final Rule, the expansion of Medi-Cal services for Continuum of Care Reform (CCR), and utilization related to network adequacy reporting, grievance management, authorizations management, Notification of Adverse Benefit Determination management, and credentialing.
The IT Application Developer II will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Support certain facets of the Cerner's Power Chart applications. This will include Cerner's Powerforms, Electronic Signature, Computerized Provider Order Entry and Reports.
- Determine how to meet new initiatives and execute program re-organization through the use of the Integrated Records Information System (IRIS).
- Analyze and fulfill security related requirements for HCA departments on all current Cerner applications.
- Evaluate project requirements along with providing feasibility analyses and proposing possible solutions.
- Provide resolutions for production issues by performing analysis and leading communications with all Cerner IT application Subject Matter Experts (SME) and relevant HCA departments.
- Writes, revises and maintains code for application development, enhancement or modification using programming logic, scripts and documentation.
- Maintain and modify business rules and logic in compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in decisions on how to best proceed with adding new functionality to the IRIS system.
- Designs and executes testing plans of new applications as they are being developed. Conduct Level 2 testing after new code has been loaded or after down time situations.
- Proficient with Cerner Command Language for creating reports and data extracts for reporting to the various state entities.
- Will perform complex professional/technical research and analysis to propose IT solutions for business problems
- Will be able to identify risks with new proposed solutions
- Will need to be able to work with multiple departments and project teams with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of HIPAA requirements as they relate to Electronic Health Records
IDEAL/DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Business Analyst /Project Manager or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of experience in writing technical and business documents.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software / system development lifecycle management.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project Management
- General experience with methods of data compilation, organization, analysis and presentation.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of errors and recommend processes and controls to reduce errors.
- Ability to perform gap/fit analyses and assessments of workflows.
- Experience with training, documentation, and change management.
- Experience working in the health care industry is highly desirable.
- Problem Solving | Analytical Skills
- Identifying and resolving challenging technical issues and problems or researching possible solutions
- Relationship Building | Interpersonal Skills
- Working with other public and private agencies in efforts to provide information technology-specific customer service to the community, public, and key stakeholders
- Oral | Written Communication Skills
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Responding quickly, courteously, and proficiently to customer service requests
- Soliciting feedback and adjusting customer requests to fit into business improvements
- Generating consensus and collaborative relationships to bring about efficient and effective outcomes
Please click here for the minimum qualifications for IT Applications Developer II.
Human Resource Services screens all applications to identify the qualified candidates for the position based on the skills required to meet the needs of the County. After the initial screening, the qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer): Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applications exhibiting qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Structured Oral Interview (SOI) | Oral Exam (Weighted 100%): Candidates will be interviewed and rated by a qualification appraisal panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate's qualifications for the job. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.
Eligible List: Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.
NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Fran Vuoso at (657) 250-1597 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- EEO INFORMATION
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.