Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst II/I
at Orange County
- CAREER DESCRIPTION
IT BUSINESS ANALYST II/I
This recruitment is open to the public.
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of five business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (P.S.T.) on the day the County's needs are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately for first consideration.
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list to fill current and future IT Business Analyst II/I positions with this specialty. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency (HCA) is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five (5) service areas: Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Services, and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.
The HCA Information Technology Division has an opportunity for several experienced IT Business Analyst II/I positions. These positions will support the overall business objectives of and compliance with the new requirements of Medicaid Managed Care Plan final rule (Final Rule), the addition of the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS), the newly-required performance outcome system under Final Rule, the expansion of Medi-Cal services for Continuum of Care Reform (CCR), and utilization related to network adequacy reporting, grievance management, authorizations management, Notification of Adverse Benefit Determination management, and credentialing.
General tasks and responsibilities include overall project management for the noted systems and solutions including technical requirements discovery and analysis, development of technical specifications and documentation, planning and coordination of development and implementation of new systems, ensuring timely monitoring and reporting, planning and delivery of training, and ongoing support and maintenance.
IDEAL/DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Business Analyst /Project Manager or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of experience in writing technical and business documents.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software / system development lifecycle management.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project Management
- General experience with methods of data compilation, organization, analysis and presentation.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of errors and recommend processes and controls to reduce errors.
- Ability to perform gap/fit analyses and assessments of workflows.
- Experience with training, documentation, and change management.
- Experience working in the health care industry is highly desirable.
- Problem Solving | Analytical Skills
- Identifying and resolving challenging technical issues and problems or researching possible solutions
- Relationship Building | Interpersonal Skills
- Working with other public and private agencies in efforts to provide information technology-specific customer service to the community, public, and key stakeholders
- Oral | Written Communication Skills
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Responding quickly, courteously, and proficiently to customer service requests
- Soliciting feedback and adjusting customer requests to fit into business improvements
- Generating consensus and collaborative relationships to bring about efficient and effective outcomes
- Consult with program management and staff, and identify, analyze, define and perform documentation on requirements for Electronic Health Record (EHR) workflow design and modifications; Develop supporting workflows and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Identify, analyze, and define technical requirements related to modifications of and development of new EHR forms and reports including specifications elicitation, design, and testing processes.
- Assist in the development and elicitation, design, and testing of role-based users positions with the EHR.
- Assist in the testing and validation of overall EHR functionality and making suggestions for improvements and modifications.
- Perform gap/fit analyses and assessments of EHR workflows and assist with the identification of potential system improvements, testing and validation methodologies using appropriate test cases and scenarios and assist in the overall user acceptance and validation process.
- Provide ongoing support of current data analysis related tasks through reports generated for DMC-ODS or Final Rule.
- Perform analysis of documentation errors, and identify appropriate training needs.
- Support the development, coordination, and delivery of training classes.
- Facilitate accurate entry of information into the EHR.
- Perform analysis of quality of data, and develop targeted training to improve data quality for use by users and programs where issues are identified.
- Provide support for users in managed care software training classes.
- Perform maintenance of clinical and other users in systems that support performance measures, credentialing, and other new requirements.
- Assist research teams and managers across Behavioral Health Services (BHS) to better understand their business needs and elicit, analyze, communicate and validate new and/or changes to requirements, and provide recommendations for better systemic support for practices and workflows.
- Provide support to end users and ensure high quality usage of the system persists and is sustained.
- Identify opportunities for continued improvements and compliance with project goals and policies.
- Perform all general project management activities.
- Function as a technology liaison between stakeholders and information technology in order to ensure appropriate coordination and alignment exists for all common goals and objectives.
Click here to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Business Analyst II/I classification as well as the physical & mental requirements and the environmental conditions.
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the competition.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Structured Oral Interview (Weighted 100%)
Applicants will be interviewed and rated by a qualification appraisal panel of job knowledge experts. Each applicant's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the applicant's qualifications for the job.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
APPLICATION AND SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS:
Apply online by clicking the "Apply" link above Only online applications with completed supplemental questions, if applicable, will be accepted and evaluated unless otherwise specified.
Your application should highlight all of the experience, education and training you possess, matching this with the specific qualifications and competencies listed on the job announcement. All required information submitted will be evaluated in order to identify the most qualified candidates. Application and supplemental information must be current, clear, succinct and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
You are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The information you provide may be used as a rating device, so please be detailed in your response. Failure to do so may result in a lower rating or "disqualification." Remember, this is a competitive recruitment and only the most qualified, will be referred further in the competition.
Clarity of expression, grammar, spelling and your ability to follow instructions may also be considered in the evaluation process.
Note: Responses of "See Resume" or copy and paste of work experience are not a qualifying response and will not be evaluated or rated. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and any supplemental questions. If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.***User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.***
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
BACKGROUND VERIFICATION/SANCTION SCREENING:
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check consisting of employment history, professional references, conviction history, criminal check and educational verification (i.e., degree, license, and/or official transcript).
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for U.S. equivalency by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES). Education information provided is subject to verification. Individuals hired by the County of Orange through this recruitment may be required to provide an official copy of diploma, college transcripts or official evaluation of foreign degree for U.S. equivalency within two weeks following the employment start date.
Candidates will be required to pass the background check to the satisfaction of the hiring Agency/Department.
ADA/TESTING AND ASSESSMENT ACCOMMODATIONS:
The County of Orange is committed to providing a means for candidates who may have a disability to identify areas, tests or other assessments in which they may request a reasonable accommodation. Candidates are encouraged to contact the recruiter listed for any questions or to request an accommodation during the testing/selection process.
To request a reasonable accommodation for any or all of the selection process components, please notify the recruiter immediately so appropriate accommodations may be made prior to the date of the selection component.
The County offers a competitive benefits package which includes a choice of several health plans, annual leave (includes paid vacation) and paid holidays. Additionally, the County provides a retirement plan, which has reciprocity with the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Participation in a deferred compensation plan is available. The County also offers $3,000 annual Educational and Professional Reimbursement.
For detailed information on benefits click here.
For detailed information on OCERS retirement click here.
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTIONS? For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Fran Vuoso at (657) 250-1597 or Fvuoso@ochca.ocgov.com.
- EEO INFORMATION
- Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages
applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.