Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Therapist
at Pacific Clinics
Mental Health Therapist
Mandarin or Cantonese
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Classification/Grade: MHT I/Exempt/Grade 25
MHT II/Exempt/Grade 27
MHT III/Exempt/Grade 28
UltiPro Job Code: MHTI, MHTII, MHTIII
Reports To: Program Director/Team Supervisor
Approved Date: August 30, 2012
Revised Date: April 30, 2013
Provide individual, group and/or family therapy to clients and/or families. Provides clinical assessment, field-based and outreach services to clients and their families; case management and advocacy services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent individualized intakes / assessments gathering information from family, consumer, significant other and involved agencies in the office or in the field as appropriate.
· Includes healthcare, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, employment or housing, as appropriate, in treatment plans.
· Completes Service and Coordination Plans, progress notes, and other DMH required documentation within two to three business days of service delivery and meets the standards of the Department of Mental Health Short/Doyle Medi-Cal, Pacific Clinics and its funding sources.
· Provides rehabilitative services to clients and/or their families which might include assistance in restoring or maintaining a client’s functional skills, daily living skills, social skills, and linking up to needed community services and support resources.
· Provides outreach, advocacy, and rehabilitative services needed for ongoing cases and in crisis intervention.
· Provides case management, which might include obtaining client information, identifying needs and problems, linking clients and their families to appropriate resources.
· Provides services in the community or in the field consistent with program and funding source contractual requirements.
· Works with the treatment team to provide appropriate coordinated care services to clients and their families.
· Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
· Interacts well with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and with external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
· Completes billing expectations per Agency requirements and provides services consistent with program needs.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
· Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
· Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
· Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Level 1: Registered, licensed-eligible MFT-Intern, ASW, MSW or Waivered Psychologist OR Newly licensed Psychologist, MFT, and LCSW with less than 2 years post licensure experience.
- Level 2 & 3: Experienced LCSW, MFT or Psychologist with a minimum of 2 years (level 2) or 5 years (level 3) post licensure experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff.
- Bilingual skills in the appropriate language for the Clinics’ clients are highly preferred.
- Familiar with Windows operating system, MS WORD, EXCEL, email, etc. able to compose correspondence/notes and type up correspondence/notes using correct format and grammar.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy. May be required to obtain a Class II California driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must possess ability to ensure significant communication with the Clinics’ community members. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Community outreach is also required.