Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Assistant - Part Time
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- National Support Center
As a member of the tax department within Pacific Dental Services you will be joining one of the country’s leading dental support organizations, with over 700 supported offices in 30 states and recognition as one of the fastest growing private companies in America for the past 10 years in a row. Our team believes in the value of constant learning and adaptability through humility, curiosity, and individual development. The tax department operates within the organization in a similar role to a small CPA firm, providing a range of services to our supported offices including compliance, strategic tax planning, and advisory.
Our goal is to provide Tax Assistants with hands on exposure to grow their technical knowledge by exposing them to a broad spectrum of tax disciplines. In addition, we look to develop the interpersonal and professional skills necessary to succeed in the business world. In doing so, we expect Tax Associates to come out of this program with the experience and skills to flourish in their future careers.
- Learn basic tax treatment of S Corporations, Partnerships, and Individuals
- Prepare and file tax returns and extensions for the above groups using CCH Axcess and Corptax
- Maintain tax department data storage & retrieval systems
- Draft responses to federal, state and local tax inquiries and audit requests as needed
- Participation in special projects and presentations as needed
- Bring forth ideas to improve processes and materials
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for tasks assigned
- Ability to work with others & accept direction
- Ability to function effectively in Microsoft Excel & Outlook, and to learn tax preparation software
- Demonstrate strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
- A detail-oriented and organized individual, who is self-motivated and proactive
Required: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or economics
Desirable: Completion of coursework in taxation; experience in tax/accounting
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.