Pacifica Hotels is looking for an outstanding Guest Service Agent to work in one of the most beautiful settings in the world! Our Guest Service Agents are hands-on, team-oriented professionals with high standards and are driven to exceed our guest’s expectations on a daily basis. We are currently seeking a Guest Service Agent for The Belamar Hotel.
You’re cordially invited to a Manhattan Beach, CA hotel experience that’s big on character and unmatched in service. Where work is play and play is prioritized, The Belamar beckons you to plan your vacations, business trips and special events with us by your side. Feast to your heart’s content at the top-rated Second Story Restaurant. Sleep in beach chic style in one of our all-new hotel rooms or suites.
“Pacifica Hotels is an exceptional hospitality company that really invests their time in the operations and support of the individual hotels. It's comforting and beneficial to have a company that spends so much time meeting the needs and requests of their hotels and for us to know our voice is being heard. Unlike most other companies, PH managers (hotel and regional) frequently do friendly follow-ups to ensure we are happy, everything is flowing smoothly, and to ask our opinions on areas of improvement, which certainly is encouraging to know the company we work for cares so much about our success. This company also continues to provide relevant material and feedback essential for individual growth and promotional opportunities - which again is very encouraging”.
- Blake, Guest Services
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
• Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times, while providing personalized service to hotel guests
• Communicate effectively with guests and fellow team members
• Greet arriving guests and complete established check-in procedures on a daily basis in order to ensure that guests are fully satisfied
• Facilitate guest departures on a daily basis by following established procedures in order to close guest accounts and determine future room availability
• Regularly calculate and/or post monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the guest with accurate hotel charges upon check-out.
• Courteously answer inquiries and accept reservations, both in person and over the phone, by utilizing PHC’s reservation guideline. Accurately and professionally communicate hotel rates and information, utilize suggestive selling techniques, demonstrate advantages and create value for our guests
• Maintain good guest relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on the phone.
• Operate the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls and assisting out-going calls, setting wake-up calls and communicating to guests to ensure timely and efficient service.
• Control cash and credit transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel policy.
• Process all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by guests in a timely manner.
• Contribute to and maintain established information and communication sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
• Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.