Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Auditor - Brea, CA (Orange County )
at PacWest Bancorp
The IT Auditor / Senior Auditor reports to the VP, Director of Internal Audit (IA). The position is responsible for assisting with various audit projects to achieve successful completion of the IA plan. The IT Auditor / Senior Auditor performs testing and identifies opportunities to strengthen internal controls and mitigate risks.
The candidate must have experience in IT audit and preferably have attained a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation. The candidate must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task. Requires thorough analytics, exceptional judgement and ability to prioritize and handle matters independently.
- Perform fieldwork for assigned IT audits independently and / or in conjunction with the Co-sourced Partner.
- Complete work papers that clearly describe the scope of audit work performed, sampling method and size, test results, and any noted control deficiencies.
- Submit draft audit reports to the IA Manager that provide recommendations to management for improvements in controls and efficiency.
- Perform follow-up on issues with Process Owners and perform transactional testing, where applicable, to confirm action plans have been effectively implemented.
- Prioritize daily responsibilities and prepare routine project status reports, as requested.
- Maintain audit independence and objectivity in all assignments, and adhere with all organizational and professional ethics standards.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is required.
• IT audit certification such as CISA or CISSP is preferred.
• Three to five years of demonstrated successful experience in IT auditing the financial services industry
• Demonstrate a broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in internal auditing standards; a working knowledge of disciplines related to auditable areas is preferred.
.• Project management experience and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective analytical and organization skills.
• Strong proficiency with basic PC applications (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
• Commitment to professional development relevant to continuing education programs.