Palmdale School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Palmdale School District
*THIS POSITION WILL BE POSTED FOR 15 BUSINESS DAYS. THE PORTAL WILL OPEN TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM OCTOBER 24, 2019 AT 4:00 PM THROUGH OCTOBER 25, 2019 AT 4:00 PM (24 HOURS ONLY).*
To perform a variety of responsible clerical accounting duties and responsibilities involved in the preparation, processing and maintenance of the District's payrolls; and to prepare and maintain appropriate accounts involving posting and balancing. To perform a variety of responsible clerical accounting duties and responsibilities involving the District's benefits programs including insurance and voluntary deductions; and to prepare and maintain appropriate accounts involving posting and balancing.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Assistant Superintendent of Business Services.
- Example of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Calculate and process payroll for classified regular staff and substitutes; receive, check and process timecards and time sheets; prepare, check and balance time reports; prepare supplemental time reports; compute salary rates and payroll adjustments.
- Maintain employee payroll files; update employee salary, time worked, time missed, and location in District on computer; submit changes in employee status to county; terminate and purge files for former employees.
- Maintain records of individual earnings, sick leave, vacations, and other allowances and their use; compute sick leave allowances; process and verify employee attendance and time worked reports.
- Provide information and assistance to new employees; provide employees with necessary forms; answer questions regarding payroll and personnel procedures, programs and changes in status.
- Receive and verify payroll warrants by amount, name and pay locations; coordinate and maintain the list of staff for each school for warrant distribution; coordinate distribution of pay warrants.
- Perform a wide variety of general clerical duties; type correspondence, letters, memoranda, reports, and other materials.
- Operate office machines including typewriters, photocopiers, telephones, calculating machines, word processing equipment, and basic payroll procedures.
- Assist in other areas at times of reduced office staff or peak periods including in the areas of mail, purchasing and data processing.
- Verify employment both in writing and by phone.
- Update salary projections used for budget projections and negotiations.
- Transfer substitute charges to the proper school accounts.
- Provide information and assistance to employees regarding benefit coverage, claims, and related procedures.
- Serve as District liaison to employees and insurance company representatives and agents; remain current on vendor and legislature policy changes; organize and maintain information, procedures and forms regarding insurance benefit programs provided by the District for all employees; distribute insurance company brochures to employees.
- Inform, explain, and answer questions to current and retired or terminated District employees regarding the selection of contribution and benefits; resolve complaints and expedite employee claim processing.
- Process all vendor payments; perform technical accounting procedures involved in the issuance and reconciliation of vendor payments; compute billings and verify the accuracy of all vendor payments.
- Update employee records involving voluntary insurance deductions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:Experience:Two years of increasingly responsible experience in financial record keeping.Training:Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by coursework and/or training in bookkeeping, accounting, or a related field.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL SECTIONS OF APPLICATION ARE COMPLETE UPON SUBMISSION.
- Other Information
UPON SCREENING APPLICATIONS, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL WITH DETAILS REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE/WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 1, 2019.
This position works 12 months per year, 8 hours per day.
To Establish Eligibility ListThe examination consists of a qualifying written examination, practical examination or equivalent, and a Qualifications Appraisal Interview. When a promotional and open eligibility list is established, the promotional list will be used first, unless otherwise stated on this bulletin.