Palmdale School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Palmdale School District
**THIS BULLETIN WILL BE POSTED FOR 15 BUSINESS DAYS. THE APPLICATION PORTAL WILL BE OPEN TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS STARTING ON OCTOBER 23, 2019, AT 4:00 P.M. THROUGH OCTOBER 24, 2019, AT 4:00 P.M. ONLY (24 HOURS).**
Monitors traffic at assigned locations to provide safe student escort across a roadway within a marked crosswalk to an assigned school.SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:Receives general supervision from the Director of Transportation, or designee. May receive some guidance by school management.
- Example of Duties
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stops traffic to allow students and adults to safely cross the street.
- Assists students in crossing the street safely;
- Maintains cooperation of motorists at school crossings; reports reckless motorists or anyone creating an unsafe situation for students to school management.
- Maintains order of students; reports any students not following safety or school rules (behavioral problems) to school management.
- Provides adult supervision of students before they reach the school grounds.
- Supports and enforces district policies and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:Education:Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.Experience:Some experience working with children.
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL SECTIONS OF APPLICATION ARE COMPLETED. A RESUME WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION.
- Other Information
- Work Year:This position works around the student calendar (182 days), typically 2 hours per day - SPLIT SHIFT.
ONCE ALL APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN SCREENED, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE RECEIVING AN EMAIL WITH DETAILS REGARDING THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION TAKING PLACE ON OCTOBER 31, 2019.