Palmdale School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Education Teacher Assistant
at Palmdale School District
- Assist teacher, at an assigned center or site, with related instructional activities designed to stimulate learning. Support the teacher in the care and supervision of students.REPORTS TO:Receives general supervision at site by certificated staff as well as direction from the Director of Early Childhood Education, or designee.
- Example of Duties
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist teacher in implementing educational and developmental activities for children.
- Assist with planning of curriculum.
- Assist with child's personal, physical needs, meals and snacks, safety, etc.
- Assume leadership role in absence of teacher.
- Confer with appropriate staff member prior to intervention in any potentially stressful family situations.
- Participate in case conferences as requested.
- Perform paperwork tasks as required; maintain confidentiality of records and information on Head Start families.
- Develop skills in methods of teaching.
- Take increasing responsibility in educational and developmental processes.
- Attend and participate in weekly center meetings.
- Assume a degree of responsibility for updating bulletin boards.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Additional information for requirements and application procedures to hold or qualify for a Child Development "Associate" Teacher Permit can be found on the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website:Possession of and ONE of the following:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school Diploma or GED certificate required.
- Successful completion of twelve (12) units college level Early Childhood Development education (including core courses such as child/human growth & development, child/family/community relations, and program/curriculum) with current enrollment in an accredited Early Childhood Education program to completion of twenty-four (24) units within two years; such individuals must be enrolled each semester or quarter in an educational program until the 24 units have been completed, and
- Hold or qualify for a Child Development "Associate" Teacher Permit (or higher permit). May be required to hold or present proof of application for Associate Teacher Permit to qualify as required by the Early Childhood Education program,
a) Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or enrolled in a CDA program, or
b) Associate's degree (in any area), or enrolled in a program leading to such degree, or
c) Baccalaureate's degree ( in any area), or enrolled in a program leading to such a degree.
- Other Information
The examination process consists of a qualifying written examination and practical examination ( or equivalent). Candidates who are successful on both the written and practical examination will then participate in a Qualifications Appraisal Interview for the oral examination portion.
When an open eligibility list is established, the promotional list will be used first, unless otherwise stated in this bulletin.
185 work days
You MUST upload your official college transcripts AND Child Development "Associate" Teacher Permit at the time of application! If you are in the process of obtaining your Child Development "Associate" Teacher Permit you MUST upload your proof of your submitted permit application.
If official college transcripts and proof of Child Development "Associate" Teacher permit are not uploaded at the time of your application, you will be ineligible to move forward in the application process.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law, civil rights regulations and policies, the Palmdale School District, its offices, and employees, are prohibited from discriminating based on age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, marital status, nationality, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any
program or activity.