Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Roadway Engineer II - Transportation Infrastructure
at Parsons Corporation
Civil Roadway Engineer II – Infrastructure – Ontario, California
Ready to put your civil engineering geometrics roadway design skills to work on marquee transportation and infrastructure design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of civil engineering tasks on large scale, transportation projects? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Civil Roadway Engineer for several key design-build and Public Private Partnership (P3) projects in the State of California and throughout North America.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this role: you will be engaged in design engineering work supporting multiple Caltrans projects in the Southern California region and all aspects of transportation projects, for interstate design and also regional roadway projects as well. You will prepare and review drawings for final design, construction, detour, and erosion control and prepare and review design reports.
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- 5 years or more of related work experience with geometrics design for roads and highways.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate essential
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration is highly preferred.
- Experience with Caltrans road & highway specifications is desirable
- Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation Geopak and/or InRoads, is preferred.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.