Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Tax Accountant
at Parsons Corporation
Senior Tax Accountant
Parsons delivers innovative solutions around the globe that make the world safer, healthier, and more connected. As a digitally enabled solutions provider we are focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets. Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Are you well experienced Tax Accountant? Have you worked on corporate taxation across multiple states? If so, we seek a Senior Tax Accountant to assist in implementing our corporate tax strategy. Once selected you’ll be tasked with ensuring our compliance with federal, state, local and foreign tax laws while focusing on tax returns, audits and analysis. Your experience will be needed to administer to our tax affairs and to provide technical/business guidance to others in our tax organization as needed.
- Prepares relevant workpapers and tax returns for federal and state tax obligations, ensuring compliance with current income tax laws.
- Performs detailed analysis of book/tax differences and understands the technical merits of the book/tax difference.
- Communicates with tax officials to receive favorable resolution of tax issues/audits.
- Prepares and assists with negotiating claims for tax refunds.
- Proactively updates and maintains the tax calendar and access database to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Researches current literature, recent court decisions, existing law and regulations, and proposed and actual changes in tax law and regulations; analyzes data and make recommendations to management for ways to reduce corporate tax liability and reduce tax costs.
- Completes special projects combining analysis of tax laws and regulations with the preparation of tax calculations.
- Prepares miscellaneous tax studies and assignments as required by Tax Management.
- Assists with a variety of tax projects as they arise.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Economics, or related field, as well as at least 5 years of relevant experience implementing corporate tax strategy within a large, multinational corporation or reputable accounting firm. CPA certification is preferred.
Skills / Competencies:
Requires a thorough knowledge of tax accounting techniques and principles, as well as a thorough understanding of all tax and tax accounting rules and regulations pertaining to assigned area of responsibility. Also requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Onesource tax software, excellent computer skills, with advanced excel knowledge a plus. Hard worker, quick learner with a positive " can do" attitude.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.