Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Performance Team
About the company:
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews inbound appointment log and open order report each day in order to plan work activities.
- Plans inbound and out bound schedules accordingly to meet customer metrics.
- Determines staffing needs based on work load and schedules staff accordingly.
- Assigns workers to specific duties based on work load and shipping schedules.
- Reviews and updates operational procedures as necessary and ensures they are communicated to and understood by the warehouse associates.
- Tracks productivity and qualifies performance by individual, function, and department.
- Works with Inventory Control to ensure the highest level of inventory accuracy possible.
- Manages payroll of department.
- Advises employees on handling of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Directly supervises 20+ employees in the area of Operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.