Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nutrition Aide I
at Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties, Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators and advocacy and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a full-time opportunity for a TEMP Nutritional Aide I for the Costa Mesa WIC Center.
Sick-time and paid holiday
Medical Benefits (no dental or vision)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry level position responsible for all supporting functions in the delivery of WIC nutritional services.
- Assist the WNA’s with WIC clients by obtaining and accurately recording of height and weight measurements, dietary intakes, and other necessary medical and/or nutritional information.
- Compare laboratory test results, anthropometric measures and/or dietary intakes to establish standards to screen for nutrition risk.
- Identify clients with special nutritional needs and refer them to the R.D./Nutritionist/WNA for nutrition counseling and development of Nutritional Care Plan.
- Provide basic health, nutrition and breastfeeding information to individual clients and client groups.
- Maintain and update client documentation through ISIS.
- Explain program eligibility requirements and clients’ rights and obligations. Provide Triage at WIC sites by answering central telephone line, printing and providing customer service to WIC clients.
- Inform clients about the benefits, services of the WIC program and family planning.
- Instruct clients on prescribed food packages and voucher/food instruments issuance and purchasing procedures. Evaluate clients understanding of this process.
- Conduct monthly group classes and other nutrition education activities as requested by the Center Manager.
- Participate in community outreach efforts as assigned by the Center Manager
- Attend full staff and in-service training sessions.
High School diploma with two years of customer service or administrative assistant experience.
Previous experience working with WIC program highly desirable.
REQUIRED: Bilingual English/Spanish