Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ultrasound Technician/Medical Assistant
at Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties, Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Patient Services
Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators and advocacy and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a full-time opportunity (4, 10 hour days a week) for an Ultrasound Technician.
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Independently perform the following Ultrasound Tecnician Functions, and follow guidelines of ultrasound documentaion and quality standards as set forth in agency protocols
Position responsibilities include:
- Follow guidelines of ultrasound documentation and quality standards as set forth in Organization protocols
- Provide accurate sizing and dating of pregnancy
- Recognize and communicate ultrasound findings that can affect the provision of services
- Perform basic lab work (Hgb, pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks) and process specimens for outside lab test
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.)
- Clean and sterilize equipment, stock exam rooms
- Perform MA only patient visits and options counseling for pregnancy test visits
- Obtain medical history, interview, counsel and educate clients ensuring informed consent
- Schedule appointments for and assist/support the clinical staff in family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services
- Prepare center for opening and secure for closing when required
- Comply with infection control, safety and emergency guidelines
- Medical Assistant certificate/diploma required
- Ultrasound Technician certificate required
- At least 2 years experience in a clinical setting strongly desired, as well as experience in reproductive, primary care, and/or abortion services
- Must be available to work flexible hours which include weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) and evenings