Preferred Freezer Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A CDL Driver
at Preferred Freezer Services
Multiple positions at multiple facilities all throughout the Los Angeles area.
PFS Logistics is looking for CDL, Class A drivers to help expand our network. As an employee of Preferred Freezer Services, our drivers provide the highest levels of customer service and live up to the "We get it done!" motto of the company.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Safely delivering frozen and/or refrigerated freight to a variety of food service and retail consignees (ex. Costco, C&S, BJ’s, Walmart, etc.)
- Short haul drayage from local ports to our freezers may also apply, so Sealink and TWIC will be required.
- Pro-active and responsible for arriving on time for pick up and deliveries.
- Responsible for accurately accounting for freight and inspecting the condition to prevent rejection or potential claim issues.
- Ensure accuracy of paperwork associated with the job performed and confirm that all the requirements of the job assigned met, in coordination with the dispatch and operations departments.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date driver logs for hours of service as well as equipment maintenance.
- Operate new and well-maintained equipment, with the expectations of keeping in the same condition.
- This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 3 years’ experience or equivalent driving a Class a commercial vehicle.
- 5 years verifiable employment.
- Current valid commercial and motor vehicle license.
- A clean driving record with no serious violations or offenses.
- Must possess a Federal issued TWIC Card.
- Must possess a Sea-Link Card.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and implementation and facilitation skills.
- Basic knowledge of truck and refrigeration units’ maintenance.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and to push-pull a pallet jack with up to 3000lbs of freight.
- Must be ok in working in potential subzero temperature environment.
- Ability to complete a medical and drug screening
- Must be able to pass various safety and regulation exams.