Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Reviewer Sr
Under close supervision, responsible for downloading, scanning, indexing, and organizing claimant records electronically (e.g. military records, diagnostic test results, physician’s notes, etc.) using required technology. Uses technology to ensure work meets quality standards set by the department. Reviews contents of VA claims folder for the presence of required documents and escalates incomplete/ incorrect records in accordance with policies and procedures. Reassembles and organizes VA claims folder according to established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, examine, identify, and scan treatment records, progress notes, and other documentation relative to specific medical and/or psychological conditions listed by claimants
- Convert hard copy documents into an electronic PDF format which uploads into a centralized database
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat software and high-speed production scanners for the purpose of transforming hard copy documents into an electronic format
- Identify listed medical or psychological conditions, including all related conditions or triggers, and electronically index each according to their medical specialty
- Return all physical records as they are received, with careful attention paid to the integrity and condition of physical files
- Appropriately note the steps taken during file conversion within our system, and ensure accuracy by recording information pertinent to the scanned file in question
- Respond to queries from our clients regarding claim folders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Familiarity with the Windows XP operating system, Internet Explorer Browser, and Adobe Acrobat document creation software
- Familiarity with high-speed production grade scanners
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.