Rushmore Loan Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bankruptcy Specialist - TEMPORARY
at Rushmore Loan Management Services
- Job ID
- Temporary Full-Time
- FLSA Status
Come Join the Rushmore Team! Whether you are interested in correspondent origination and sale of mortgages, mortgage servicing operations, real estate management of REO assets, or various corporate positions to support our growing business, Rushmore may just have the position you’ve been waiting for. Browse our openings and contact us today to learn about career opportunities offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages.
The Bankruptcy Specialist is responsible for monitoring Chapter 7, 11 and 13 BK accounts on 1st and 2nd Mortgages; and filing / reviewing Proof of Claim, Motion for Relief and other pertinent Motions with the Bankruptcy Court.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updating system when BK petition is received.
- Reviewing Proof of Claim figures to be filed the BK Court.
- Reviewing Chapter 13 Plan filed and file an objection if necessary.
- Reviewing all loans for possible filing of Motion for Relief
- Reviewing Agreed/Consent Order in the event MFR was not granted at hearing
- Monitoring all Bankruptcy Payments and apply to loan accordingly.
- Performing payment reconciliation for Pre and Post-Petition payments.
- Sending Notice of Default for loans that have failed to comply with Consent Order.
- Answering all inbound Bankruptcy calls.
- Update the system/s with comments regarding each call, initiate any tasks required, assisting the borrower with prompt and thorough resolution of their concerns
- Responding to all inquiries from Debtors, BK Attorneys, BK Trustee, etc..
- Show excellent professionalism and negotiating skills when dealing with difficult callers.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is punctual, dependable and adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Closing loans that are no longer in Bankruptcy and notifying other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy Guidelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and allocate workload for efficiency
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of associates and management as well as with internal and external customers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to resolve conflict and resolve problems effectively
- Ability to make decisions independently within set policy and procedures
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Two (+) years mortgage banking experience, minimum one year default loan servicing experience.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.