Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver, Class A - Home Daily, No Touch Freight -Oxnard/LA starting point
- Requisition ID
- Primary State/Province
- Primary City
- Van Nuys
- Employment Type
- Regular - Full Time (4)
- Travel Requirements
- Position Code
Ryder is Hiring Class A Drivers in Oxnard/Los Angeles!
Call Nick Shell at 615-649-3282
About the position:
- Home Daily - Scheduled 6 days a week, Mon-Sat; Dispatch between 2AM to 6AM, 12-13 hours per day
- Compensation: $21.50 per hour - Avg 55 hours per week (will schedule more hours if driver is willing); Average weekly $1,400
- No Touch frieght (1 location in LA some touch)
- Requires TWIC card
- Hazmat preferred
- Safe & Reliable Equipment!
- Access to Benefits, and weekly pay
- Ryder Maintenance
- Growth Opportunity
- Fortune 500 company ranked among Americas best employers
- Call for details on our new Travel Companion policy (select locations)
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- 12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.