Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position
This position is accountable for performing more complexand diverse clerical duties in accordance with established procedures,requiring specific training or experience in a particular department orarea. Must have knowledge of departmentor company policies and procedures. Inthe case of documentation in shipping focused on Customs, must have specificknowledge of laws and procedures governing such shipments. May also be assigned in various otherfunctional areas of the organization where general clerical skills are employedand utilized.
Executes daily transportation and customs operationsaccording to defined transportation operating plans. This person will need to be crosstrained on the other lines of business. Will have dailycorrespondence with clients, receive and confirm shipping documents receivedare in compliance with requirements. Responsibilities will include data entry,will produce shipping documents, coordinate cargo availability and arrangepickup /delivery, finalize billing. Distribute shipping documents as requiredThis position is clerical in nature. May be performed in conjunction or as partof another clerical support position. Itis not necessarily mutually exclusive of other clerical positions similar inscope and depth of responsibility.
This job might be for you if:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent required. AA or some college courses preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in logistics, a warehouse/distribution center environment or related experience and/or training.
· Must be able to passbackground/drug. Steel toed shoes are required.
· Steeltoed shoes are required to be able to walk the warehouse as it pertains to job duties or communicate with theoperations team on the floor. if she needs to one office to the eastoffice
· Knowledgeor capability to effectively use and quickly learn various manufacturingcomputer systems and Microsoft Office applications. ExcelData Entry/Filing.
· Communicate(both verbal and written) clearly, effectively and professionally in Englishwith all associates, as they will be dealing with customersin addition to mid and upper level management. Must be able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment including rapidly identifying problems and developing and implementing an appropriate solution
· Positionrequires periodic overtime on a short notice to meet customer service demands.
· Mustbe highly motivated and self directed with ability to work in a teamenvironment.
· Intermediateto advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus.
· Must be flexible with shift times as times may come up where shifttimes may need to be adjusted to meet business needs
· Positionwill require sitting for extended periods of time. Will occasionally require lifting,carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding inplace parts weighting up to 20 lbs.
· Mustbe able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.