Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Assembly Technician
at Schneider Electric
Schneider-Electric (SE) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Mechanical Assembly Technician to perform or assist in the production and assembly of process analyzers. Our technologies include process gas chromatographs, process mass spec, FTIR, dispersive NIR and Raman. This position will be based out of our Upland, CA manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include assembly and testing of sub-assemblies up to full analyzers per Schneider Electric's testing and Quality procedures.
The employee will work under the direction of Operations Management and collaborate with Engineering, Quality and our assembly team in the production, testing and service of manufactured analyzers and similar equipment built to customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will include working with vacuum systems, gas flow systems, pressurized gases, electrical circuits and pneumatic systems in the production and testing of process analyzers. Tasks will require reading, understanding and accurately following engineering drawings, blueprints, test procedures and associated work instructions to manufacture and test mechanical parts and subassemblies to meet order delivery for our clients. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and layout procedures are required. The knowledge and extensive use of power and pneumatic tools (drills, saws, etc.), hand tools (screwdrivers, tubing benders, wrenches, etc.) and Quality measurement tools such as micrometers, tape measures, calipers and runout gauges are required. Other position responsibilities will include:
• Assisting other Technicians and assemblers to complete tasks and working with Product Engineers on specific projects • Perform work related to and in support of continuous improvement activities • Ensure test equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and operational • Ensure all assigned tasks are performed in a timely manner • Other duties as required
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, in English • Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) • Must be a US citizen and / or eligible to work in the United States • Associate of Arts/Science or similar Technology Certificate from an accredited College or Trade school preferred; High School Degree/GED or equivalent required • At least five (5) years of comparable experience; or Advanced Military technical school, plus three (3) year's comparable work experience • At least five (5) years of experience in manufacturing and assembly or a related field • Team player with the ability to interface responsibly with people at all levels • Ability to collect data, establish facts and report non-conformities to supervisor in a timely fashion
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Working Environment:
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams including mechanical, electrical and pneumatic
• Ability to use power tools such as a drills and saws as well as hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
• Excellent layout skills are required for hole placements of various sizes as many projects involve custom applications
• Ability to work around hazardous gases and chemicals as well as high voltage circuits in a safe manner
• Ability to use basic electronic testing equipment such as a multimeter
• The knowledge and application of electrical static discharge (ESD) protection principles is desirable
• Position requires a high level of dexterity and manipulative skill, facility with a wide range of manual and pneumatic hand tools as well as electronic test equipment • Position will require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and / or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 40 lbs. repeatedly over work period • Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled cylinder shed environment for short periods, and manipulate large, high pressure gas cylinders • Must have good color vision, to identify color coded wiring and cables • Be able to occasionally handle, as required, both hazardous and non-
Let us learn about you! Apply today.