Selective Insurance Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Legal Assistant-California
at Selective Insurance Group, inc.
- Experience (Years)
- Legal/Staff Counsel
- Full-Time Regular
- FLSA Status
- Job ID
- Travel %
- Relocation Cost
- Auto Reimbursement
Selective is seeking a Sr. Legal Assistant that provides secretarial, administrative and litigation support while maintaining confidentiality to a team of Attorneys. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
This position is open to all of California applicants.
- Create, update, and prepare for distribution correspondence, pleadings, briefs, memoranda, reports, articles, etc., using the Company’s legal case management software, dictation and voice recognition equipment. Proofread final work product to ensure high quality and compliance with office standards. Work proactively on files.
- Relieve Attorneys of routine administrative functions and takes initiative on reporting in anticipation of Attorney’s needs.
- Process mail, scan and file.
- Maintain and coordinate Attorneys’ calendar.
- Arrange and coordinate depositions and inspections and Court Call.
- Maintain filing system and other departmental records. In offices without a Law Office Administrator or Lead Legal Secretary, may assist the Managing Attorney in ordering supplies, may serve as IT and vendor liaison, and may be assigned other administrative tasks as needed to support the team. Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Open, purge, retrieve, organize and close electronic legal files as directed.
- Communicate with claims, clients, opposing counsel and the courts.
- Provide assistance to the office team. Acts as a resource to Para-Legal Attorneys and managers that can be relied upon for guidance and coaching on administrative and legal matters. Maintains a high level of productivity.
- Provide other assistance as requested by the Para-Legal, Attorneys and Manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- Typing/dictation skill required.
- Excel and legal case management software required.
- Excellent customer service, writing, and oral communication skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree or business school preferred.
- At least 5 years legal support for Construction Defect and Bodily Injury litigation defense experience in the jurisdiction required.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.