Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rose Hill - Interment Specialist
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Cemetery Maintenance
Overview & Responsibilities
Position Summary: Open, close, and maintain graves and mausoleums in accordance with Company policies, and state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Open & close cemetery properties (graves, mausoleums, crypts, & niches) by using proper procedures, tools and equipment, and safety regulations.
- Locate and work with graves, crypts, and niches anywhere within the Park.
- Safely drive company vehicles and equipment onto and off of cemetery lawns.
- Read and understand interment orders.
- Read and understand information printed on the Interment List/Cards.
- Work according to safety standards set by the Company, state, and federal regulations. Report unsafe equipment, tools, machines, and practices to management.
- Respond timely to work order requests, and interact with employees at all levels with tact and courtesy.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Continually strive to improve through education and experience. Maintain a continuous development plan and make steady, ongoing progress toward skill enhancement.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote its’ goals, and to enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its efforts.
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
Requirements & Qualifications
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience in landscaping, general construction, warehouse, physical labor demonstrating steady employment
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Ability to use hand tools and Equipment
- Mechanical skill and ability to perform minor adjustments and repairs
- Good interpersonal skills to relate well with grieving people
- Ability to lift/carry up to 100 lbs (sometimes without the assistance of power equipment - pre-employment physical and lift test will be administered)
A Place to Remember®
Since 1914, Rose Hills has been a place to remember. At that time it was an 18-acre memorial park serving the Whittier, California area. Today, Rose Hills is North America’s largest memorial park, with two full-service mortuaries and five planning centers that serve the world.
Rose Hills Memorial Park is only minutes from the Greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas. It is rich in history, and it has an abundance of positive feng shui throughout its 1,400 acres. Rose Hills is world-famous for its Pageant of Roses Garden and also for SkyRose Chapel. To learn more about the unique features of the Rose Hills Whittier campus, please download our driving tour (pdf).
From Whittier, Rose Hills is proud to offer comprehensive, compassionate memorial care including cemetery property, funeral services and cremation options. From start to finish, you and your family will be assisted by Rose Hills’ professional team, which will coordinate and perform all aspects of your personalized arrangements.
Rose Hills can assist with advance planning or arrangements at the time of need from any of our four locations. All of our locations extend the Rose Hills legacy of personal service into the diverse communities we serve.
Rose Hills is proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. With more than 1,800 network providers across North America offering exclusive benefits, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and customer satisfaction.