Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position is located in our Pasadena California office, and supports JPL's MEDALS contract.
Personnel for this task must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and be able to be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
It is required that all tasks will take place within the JPL SCIF
Skills that are needed for this position are:
- Experience in all phases of the design, development, system integration, test and operation of spacecraft and or scientific payloads.
- Experience in conducting and/or participating in a system-level verification program for a complex system
- Experience with synthesizing results from structural/dynamics analyses into assessment of risk, available trade space, and appropriate V&V approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
- Proven ability to establish task priorities and manage change as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to analyze mechanical structures and their associated dynamics ranging up to 500 Hz.
- Produce and manage integration of separate project vendor Finite Element Models (FEMs) with JPL generated FEMs using Femap, Matlab, NX Nastran and classical hand analyses.
- Perform structural analysis, including non-linear materials, modal, static, loads generation, acceleration predictions, stress analysis, and maturing of design features.
- Provide modal analysis of integrated models, disturbance propagation, generate analysis result documentation, and interact with the modeling team, project vendors, and customer as required.
- Prepare documentation and present in support of reviews.
- Coordination of mechanical modeling activities, including deliverables
- Structural and dynamics modeling and analyses
- Provide structural inputs to interface documents and drawings