Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Development Manager
at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are seeking a Manager for our Content Labs team to help support the evolution of the broadcast industry. In this role, you will apply a high level of analysis and problem-solving to support the strategic development of Sinclair’s content initiatives
- Generate formats to optimize existing product resources based on shifting consumer habits
- Innovate the current supply chain with owned and operated assets
- Process to include the following steps
- Identify possible innovative content formats to create Proof of Concepts (POC) through research/development and rigorous vetting
- Submit the POC to green light committee to test efficacy
- Produce POC and define opportunities/concerns
- In success of corporate approval, concept moves to existing Sinclair production or newly acquired resources
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of pertinent experience - various backgrounds will be considered
- A bachelor's degree is required
- A proven track record for the identifying, testing and implementing new technology using:
- Distribution platforms such as broadcast, cable, OTT, and digital
- Delivery methods including linear, on-demand, & curated “wheel”
- Expertise in working with small teams and leading the technological vision in the development, implementation and support of Sinclair Content Lab initiatives.
- Familiarity and excitement to advance existing broadcasting platforms and technology architecture including ATSC 3.0 and MRSS content delivery feeds
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!