Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maki Sushi Cook - Katsuya Glendale
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for ensuring the highest quality food is served at all times. The Maki Cook handles all aspects of their assigned cooking station – sets up, stock product, cook, and presents dishes according to recipes, cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools.
- Prepares all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.'
Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine
Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Licenses or Certifications
- Food Handler Certification
- Five or more years cooking experience required. Prior resort and restaurant cooking experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of recent experience relevant to this position.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Must be able to work quickly in a confined area and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Understands and enforce federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations and requests while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other associates.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on continuous schedule.
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.