Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Agent, Mondrian Los Angeles
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Duties & Functions:
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (eg, evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters)
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc, including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks
- Patrol all areas of the property by foot or vehicle using specified equipment (eg, flash light, high visibility jacket) to ensure guest and meeting rooms are secure and assist guests with room access
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or emergency situation is dispatched to appropriate personnel for investigation and recorded
- Lock property entrances during designated times
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe conditions or work practices
- Respond to the scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid is required
- Administer first aid/CPR to guests or employees as required
- Assist guests or employees during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation, flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters, etc
- Notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents
- Communicate specified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required
- Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policies and procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident
- Respond to domestic problems with guests and call for outside assistance if necessary
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc
- Resolve safety hazard situations
- Escort any unwelcome persons (eg, trespassers, loiterers) from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all required information
- Call for assistance using proper code responses
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that all information is properly logged
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents and release information only to authorized individuals
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guest complaints and incidents
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and information related to incidents
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping