Southern California Gas Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principle Environmental Specialist - Air Quality
at Southern California Gas Company
Job TitlePrinciple Environmental Specialist - Air Quality
Full Time/ Part TimeFull-time
Serves as company expert in air quality, provides technical consulting expertise to internal clients, peers and all levels of management. Manages multiple, complex, cross-discipline projects. Acts as a key strategic contributor to ensure company compliance with specific laws to support business objectives and initiatives. Advocates the company position at government agencies to provide flexibility to company operations in meeting environmental requirements. Conducts and oversees complex analysis of the potential effects of existing and proposed company operations on the environment. May have direct reports and require some supervisory skills.
- Routinely anticipates, identifies, analyzes and interprets regulatory requirements and/or environmental issues affecting company operations to develop
- Strategies to mitigate the impact to company operations,
- Advocacy packages for use in lobbying company positions,
- Compliance programs/procedures/tools to ensure compliant operations
- Strategic plans to support business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts air quality field compliance at the Honor Rancho Storage Field.
- Assists governmental and regulatory affairs in developing strategies, policies and documentation for presenting the Company's position at state and federal regulatory proceedings.
- May be called upon to testify as an expert witness at agency hearings related to compliance.
- Interprets complex environmental regulations and monitors Company compliance to prevent fines, lost revenues, unfavorable regulatory decisions, public scrutiny or operational delays.
- Develops and maintains budget information.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Environmental, science, or engineering.
- Related graduate level course work, master's degree or equivalent certifications is preferred
- Equivalent work experience or training may be substituted for the degree.
Minimum 8 years required, 10 years environmental experience desired. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of all levels of environmental laws, regulations, and the energy sector are required.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy skills are required to negotiate favorable decisions from regulatory agencies and also satisfy multiple company clients with differing needs.
- Initiative and ingenuity are required in all aspects of this position.