Southern California Gas Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Counsel - Environmental
at Southern California Gas Company
Job TitleSenior Counsel - Environmental
Full Time/ Part TimeFull-time
SoCalGas is seeking an environmental/land use attorney to handle a wide range ofprovide legal counsel on a wide range of federal, state and local environmental and land use issues in a lead counsel capacity.
- Act as lead counsel for a wide range of federal, state and local environmental and land use proceedings for SoCalGas.
- Handle fast-paced proceedings and matters, and provide timely advice and counsel to internal clients and the law department
- Provide legal advice and counsel for highly complex, technical, and/or sensitive issues to the business unit or other client groups as necessary
- Interact regularly with internal clients and understand the goals and sensitivities of the business unit
- Ensure that law department management and/or business unit leadership stays regularly informed regarding proceedings
Position is based in downtown Los Angeles.
- Graduate from a nationally recognized law school. Top academic credentials desired.
- 8+ years' experience required in Environmental, land use and/or litigation.
- Knowledge of the California energy/utility industry is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to independently handle major environmental and land use proceedings before regulatory agencies, or first chair court experience.
- Excellent written and oral advocacy and communication skills and strong analytic ability
- Ability to quickly learn environmental and land use regulations and laws and ability to apply this knowledge accurately to various legal situations affecting the Business Units.
- Maturity of judgment and conduct.
Some travel required