Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer II
at Spireon, Inc.
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, and the future predictable
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Do you want to shape the future of Big Data and the Internet of Things? Do you want to build, create, and dream up cutting-edge solutions? If you eat, breathe, sleep and exist for technology and wear your smarts like a badge of honor, join our team of like-minded individuals and let’s do this. You’ll have plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on. There’s never a dull moment around here.
Adaptable/Resilient – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity
Customer’s Guide – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met
Go Higher- You are not happy with the status quo, you like to push the envelope and engage in stretch projects
As part of our dynamic team of Software Engineers, you will:
- Build best in class application software and services for our SaaS technology Platform
- Design, code, unit test and debug application features as specified
- Partner with Software Leads and Product Owner to deliver and gain QA acceptance
- Leverage Agile principles and practices to deliver the highest possible quality, performance and feature velocity
- Work with Agile software team to scope work and produce estimates
- Leverage technology knowledge to implement product solutions
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering)
- 2+ years full stack development experience building great software
- 2+ years’ experience consuming RESTful web services with JSON and XML
- Experience with Jenkins to create jobs and pipelines
- Experience with Automation scripts, build scripts, familiar with testing frameworks
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes expertise to containerize applications
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Groovy/Grails is a plus
- Experience with Java App Server technology (i.e. Tomcat) and an RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Understands fundamentals of agile methodologies - iterative development, SCRUM, UAT, continuous integration.
- Experience using tools such as Pivotal, GitHub, Jenkins/CruiseControl
- Voted IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year 2017
- Winner of multiple Golden Bridge Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Spireon University for ongoing Learning, Wellness and Professional Development Programs
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services