Super King Markets
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Courtesy Clerk Store #7
at Super King Markets
- Santa Ana, CA, USA
- $12.00-$13.50 DOE
- Full Time
Courtesy Clerk offers prompt customer service, assists throughout the entire store, answers customer questions, whether face-to-face or by phone. He or she helps customers locate products in the store. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous and efficient customer service experience. Supports the management team in maintaining exceptional standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, floor and parking lot maintenance, bagging, price checks, and go-backs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When a customer enters Super King Markets, the first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage the customer.
- Assist customers with product location, bagging orders and providing carry-out service as needed.
- May be required to mop floors, dust, and clean product shelves, and ensure they are neatly and attractively arranged.
- Ensure adequate supply of bags at the check stands.
- Verify prices and return merchandise from check stand area to the appropriate area.
- Retrieve shopping carts from parking lot and stack in an orderly fashion in front of the store; ensuring all shopping carts are free of debris.
- Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follow dress code in accordance with Company's guidelines.
- Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with employee's handbook.
- Assist all cashiers by moving from check stand to check stand as customer flow dictates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, but efficient, and safe manner.
- Requires exposure to varying weather conditions for performance of indoor/outdoor duties.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and place on floor board and trunk space of vehicles.
- Perform cleanup duties in the aisles, bathrooms, and assist in the cleanup of other departments.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits, and attitude.
- Ability to function as a team player and get along with others.
- Follow all safety rules in accordance with Company policies, OSHA, and Health department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. This role routinely uses standard office such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing continuously. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Perform all physical aspects of the courtesy clerk duties including but not limited to bending, lifting, standing, squatting, climbing, walking and at times running. During peak business hours in particular, must be able to move quickly from parking lot to check stand area. Requires manual dexterity skills and good eye-hand coordination.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position with different shifts; including evenings, holidays, and weekends are required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent of 6 months of work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Stamina and multitasking ability.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual: Spanish, Armenian, Tagalog, Russian, Arabic, or Farsi.
- Some college credits on the Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
Super King Markets is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Super King Markets will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Super King Markets. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.