TCS Education System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director of Clinical Training, Clinical PsyD
at TCS Education System
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are currently searching for an Associate Director of Clinical Training to join our Irvine Campus.
The Associate Director of Clinical Training- Clinical Psychology oversees the entire practicum experience for the students in the Clinical PsyD Program. This position collaborates with the Director of Clinical Training- Clinical Psychology (DCT) and the Campus Director of the Office of Placement and Training (OPT), and acts as a liaison between the academic program administration and faculty, the training sites, and the students. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Training and the Department Chair for the Clinical Psychology program at the Irvine campus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a network of practicum sites, as well as relationships with site supervisors.
- Oversee the education of students who are new to the practicum and internship search processes and practices.
- Oversee the preparation, application and placement of interns at APPIC, APA or CAPIC internship sites.
- Consult with students who are encountering issues related to their practicum or internship experience.
- Manage the flow of information regarding students’ progress, as well as problems, to academic department chairs, faculty, and/or practicum and internship sites.
- Oversee the review of practicum and internship evaluations and related paperwork.
- Manage the proper storage and/or dissemination of training data including the relevant portions of the ALCEA database.
- Consult on the development of new applied professional practice initiatives and projects.
- Participate in the Clinical PsyD department meetings.
- Participate in department-level strategic planning and budget process.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent to applied professional practice.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Attend Faculty Council meetings.
- Attend OPT meetings.
- Maintain appropriate records (e.g., PATTR) for programs from which students are being placed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Training or the Department Chair.
- 2 -3 years of professional training experience.
- Doctoral degree in psychology or relevant area of study.
- Licensed in California as a Psychologist
- Graduate from an APA-accredited program.
- Knowledge of licensing requirements for the BOP
- Ability to travel to site locations.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct oneself in respectful and ethical manner.
- Ability to remain calm and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Learns actively to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Listens actively, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Thinks critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicates ideas and information effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and demands.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others effectively.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements.
- Understanding and ability to navigate multiple levels of program hierarchies.
- Computer Proficiency
- MS Office
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology