TCS Education System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Research Director, ABA
at TCS Education System
Founded in 1979, and with campuses in Southern California, Chicago, Washington DC, Texas, and Online, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is the nation's leading nonprofit school exclusively dedicated to psychology and its applications. The Chicago School trains individuals to be engaged professionals in their communities, approach practice and scholarship from the broader view of innovators, transformers, and problem solvers, and use their disciplines to make positive and lasting impact on the world. A cornerstone of The Chicago School mission is its commitment to serving and embracing diverse and underserved communities.
The Research Associate is primarily responsible for helping students complete their research projects within the timeline set by the curriculum.
- Oversee the education of students who are engaged in the thesis/Applied Research Project process in the Applied Behavior Analysis Department.
- Chair 35 theses/applied projects per year.
- Manage the flow of information regarding students’ progress, as well as problems, to academic department chairs, faculty.
- Attend faculty meetings.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent to thesis.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department chair.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to provide constructive feedback to shape writing process.
- Possess strong knowledge and can teach APA writing style.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Maintain a professional appearance and acts in respectful and ethical manner.
- Possess the ability to remain calm and make decisions under pressure – strong time management skills.
- Learn actively to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Think critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicate ideas and information effectively in both vocal and written form.
- Possess the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and demands.
- Maintain knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements
- Understand and has the ability to navigate multiple levels of program hierarchies
- Possess computer proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel or other graphing programs.
- Must have current BCBA
- Must have successfully completed a thesis
- Completed PhD course work, preferred
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology