Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker/Clinician II (Part-Time/Weekend/AM Shift) - Mental Health 347
at Telecare Corporation
Established in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations to empower thousands of individuals with mental illness every day in their journeys of recovery. Telecare operates 100 programs with over 3200 employees and offers full time staff a comprehensive benefit package.
As part of the Telecare family, the Telecare San Bernardino Crisis Residential Treatment Center will offer 24/7 voluntary residential treatment to individuals ages 18 and above who are suffering a mental health crisis but wish to avoid a locked setting. This project’s primary goal will be to stabilize individuals in acute crises to eliminate or shorten the need for inpatient hospitalization.
Employment Status: Part-Time
Days: Saturday & Sunday
Under supervision of a licensed clinician, the Social Work Clinician II provides clinical and casework services to members served and natural supports. This involves person centered recovery planning and collaborating with other services and agencies.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school and working towards licensure and registered with the Board of Behavioral Science
- One (1) year of direct service experience with individuals with severe mental illness in an inpatient or outpatient setting is required
- Criminal justice clearance and education verification
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Works with members served and multidisciplinary treatment teams to design, implement, and evaluate the Recovery Plan
- Under clinical supervision, establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
- Ensures provision of needed clinical services to assigned members served; coordinates ongoing treatment within the program and with outside agencies
- Provides individual and group therapy
- Documents all treatment provided in a thorough and consistent manner
- Collaborates with other staff in the discharge planning process and makes linkages to community services for members served
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and recovery planning meetings
- Demonstrates knowledge of de-escalation techniques and crisis communication and management
- Serves as a clinical consultant to recovery team members
- If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to complete social histories, risk assessments, mental health status exams, and plans of care
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and rehabilitation therapists
- Ability to form a therapeutic alliance with members served and families
- Sufficient medical knowledge to assess the needs of members served
- Skills in conducting group therapy
- Ability to advocate for the members served in other health delivery systems
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, bend, push, pull, squat, kneel, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability