The Community Development Commission
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Community Development Commission
Pay: $31.4516 to $53.47/hour
$31.4516 - $53.47
Job Reference #: 2590480
Overall Job Objective
- ARCHITECTURAL/ENGINEER II/III
Construction Management Division
$5,451 - $9,269 per monthRegular Position
POSITION OVERVIEWUnder general direction, performs a variety of specialized and complex inspection tasks relating to development and construction of various, LACDA, County and public/private projects which include new construction and rehabilitation of residential, community and commercial projects.
This position's primarily focus is to conduct inspection services for a seven-year residential lead remediation program. Inspections to new construction and other rehabilitation projects, as needed.
- Essential Job Duties
- The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conducts property inspections for quality control at various stages of construction. Monitors client relations, work activities, and production. Reviews construction documents. Inspects lead paint remediation, interior/exterior refurbishment, window replacement, stucco repairs, painting, sound abatement, plumbing, electrical, heating, concrete, masonry and under floor areas. Assures compliance of construction activities with specifications, applicable codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Prepares work write-ups, scopes of work, specifications, estimates, and floor plans. Reviews plans and specifications for completeness and compliance with County plan check requirements. Assists in developing construction bid packages. Monitors construction progress. Prepares daily inspection activity reports. Prepares and certifies progress payments and change orders. Performs construction closeout activities for completed projects. Performs special investigations. Coordinates utility service installation. Monitors off-site infrastructure construction.
- Collaborates with various development team members, including owners, design consultants, developers, contractors, and other public agencies. Resolves disputes between homeowners and contractors. Provides entitlement research and coordination with other County Departments for various projects. Provides regular and timely briefings and project status updates to Management, development teams, and oversight committees on project status
- State and local building codes and ordinances.
- Construction methods and standards.
- Construction contracts and management.
The ideal candidate must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, architects, contractors, other agencies, and the public. Performs other related duties as assigned. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Analyze, interpret, and accurately check building plans and specifications.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Evaluate financial information; maintain records and develop fiscal data.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field andfive (5) years experience in a construction-related activity, three (3) years of which must be in performing construction inspection, superintending, or construction management. .HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Extensive experience with projects involving lead remediation
- International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) Certificates
- Additional Information
- NOTE: DOQ = Annual Salary is dependent on qualifications, typically starting at or below the middle of the pay range.
To receive credit for a four-year college or university degree or Master's degree, you must attach the following documents to the application at the time of filing:
NOTE: A resume cannot be substituted for any section of the online application and/or supplemental application. If your application is incomplete, it may be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Original College or University Degree or official transcripts that indicate graduation.
Possession of a valid California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record is required.
Successful candidates must complete a thorough background investigation, including a pre-employment physical, drug screening and fingerprint evaluation prior to appointment.
Those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Division, will be invited for the examination process. Human Resources staff will notify all applicants of their application status via email. You are responsible for monitoring correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner.
This is a grant-funded position, Section 3 compliant. Continuation of employment is contingent upon continued funding.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019 @ 5:00 PM. APPLY IMMEDIATELY, POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 19058