Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic C - Lancaster, CA
- Requisition ID
- Position Category
- Internal Reference
- Transdev Services
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Diagnoses and repairs various coach systems with major, complicated/complex problems under general supervision.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and installs component parts of transit vehicles
- Inspects and diagnoses problems on all assigned transit vehicles and equipment
- Services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related light and heavy mechanical equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance procedure inspections to transit vehicles as required by Federal, state, and local guidelines; performs preventative maintenance as needed
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment
- Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must possess a Commercial Driving License with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred
- 1 or more years of experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy duty transit equipment
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to rail cars
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional on-the-road repairs
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check