Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Director, Capacity Services
- Identify, manage and close Transplace Specialized services opportunities focused on manufacturers, retailers and distributors. Specialized Services provides a mix of temperature control and dry freight programs to its customers. The business holds extensive relationships with food, consumer goods and industrial shippers such as Tyson, Walmart, GT’s Living Foods, Riceland and EPI Breads.
- Develop and build customer relationships at decision-maker levels resulting in capacity/brokerage/intermodal services business and deeper customer revenue expansion opportunities
- Assess business opportunities and prospect requirements to solve challenges through a sales solution approach for truckload, intermodal, LTL, dedicated, collaborative, cross-border and related services across North America (US/Canada/Mexico)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Cultivate, grow and close new business with prospective customers through a thoughtful and organized sales process and approach to qualifying and identifying sales opportunities
- Through in-depth understanding of the industry and the customer market environment, deploy appropriate sales techniques
- Apply multi-tier approach to sales activities including: calls, face-to-face meetings, prospecting, qualifying, lead generation, etc.
- Align Transplace’s extensive network of managed transportation and brokerage services to fit the transportation network of a particular customer/prospect.
- Prepare and present the value proposition for Transplace Capacity Services through a solution sales approach to the prospect’s transportation and broader supply chain/operational challenges. Specialized Services is a long-standing asset-light capacity operation which builds committed capacity programs.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer contact towards achieving revenue goals
- Provide summaries on prospect interactions, lead generation and customer developments, following prescribed Transplace sales methodologies and processes
- Maintain complete, timely and accurate representations of all opportunities within Transplace’s Salesforce.com
- Make a meaningful business impact within six months of joining the Transplace team
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Demonstrated expertise in sales and business development of transportation services
- Proven ability to drive a diagnostic sales campaign – presenting a thoughtful “reason to take action”
- Knowledge of sales strategies
- Knowledge of sales lead generation tools to effectively build and manage a sales pipeline
- Expertise in listening to the customer, understanding customer challenges, and creating a sustaining value proposition for the customer
- Transportation industry knowledge and understanding of customer industries
- 50% or as needed to close and achieve sales revenue plan
- 3 years of experience in selling transportation solutions and/or related services to manufacturing, retail and/or distribution companies
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Transplace is a North American non-asset based logistics services provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. The company is the premier provider of managed transportation, consulting & TMS solutions; and intermodal, capacity solutions, and cross-border trade services.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.