Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgmt General Mgr 4
at Triumph Group
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Manufacturing/Production/Operations - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, is a global leader in manufacturing and overhauling aerospace structures, systems and components. Operating in 57 locations worldwide, Triumph designs, engineers, manufacturers, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aero structures, aircraft components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves virtually all major players and all current and future aviation platforms. The $3.5B company is organized into three business units: Integrated Systems, Aerospace Structures and Product Support.
Integrated Systems… Provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. Triumph partners with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. Services include design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs. Capabilities include hydraulic, mechanical and electromechanical actuation, power and control for landing gear, a complete suite of aerospace gearbox solutions, including engine accessory gearboxes and helicopter transmissions, and fuel management, including full authority digital electronic controls (FADEC).
The Valencia facility is part of the Fluid Power and Actuation Operating Company within Triumph Integrated Systems. The business is a system engineering and integration focal for Triumph Group companies.
This growing business currently supports~ $75M in annual revenue and is home to 160 Triumph Group employees who operate out of the facility located in Valencia, CA
The General Manager will provide overall direction, leadership and oversight to the management team and workforce within the business, with a goal of generating maximum profitability and customer satisfaction. The GM is responsible for the successful execution of programs, formulating and implementing winning program strategies, balancing risk and maximizing the strength of the combined functional staffs. This also involves identifying and rationalizing technical trade-offs and positioning the products against competing solutions.
- Develop and execute annual and long-term strategic business plans, policies and procedures which fulfill the growth and financial return objectives of the company.
- Successfully execute on customer programs, formulate and implement winning program strategies; balancing risk and maximizing the strength of the company.
- Provide oversight and ensure product flow throughout the value stream, ensuring the business consistently meets cost, quality and schedule targets using established metrics and review cycles across the multiple programs.
- Ensure that on time delivery and quality of products is consistent with customer requirements thus driving positive customer relationships.
- Lead the development of annual fiscal year business plans, objectives and initiatives to ensure successful site performance and growth. Ensure specific goals, actions and initiatives get implemented and worked with favorable results.
- Ensure the integrity of the Site Quality Management System is maintained and followed by all employees, maintaining all necessary site qualifications and certifications.
- Identify strategic long and short-term potential new business, programs, customers which meet overall business core competencies and technical expertise for the company.
- Manage new business activity through the engineering development phase, certification, industrialization and support of low rate production.
- Ensure flawless execution and control of material and supply chain management.
- Maintain detailed working knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement and their importance of driving cycle time and cost out of products.
- Act as the driving force to develop and build the business as well as forge an effective management team. Emphasize team building through effective communications, developing an efficient organizational structure that is responsive to strategic program requirements and changes.
- Manage communication to/from employees and continuously focus on engaging the workforce, develop training plans, promote positive employee relations, ensure fair problem-solving processes and implement performance management systems.
- Develop plans, programs and culture to ensure all operations are compliant with company policies as well as all State and Federal regulatory guidelines and statutes related to the production of the company’s product and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations or other related degree is required. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive program management leadership experience in complex component aerospace manufacturing is required. Experience in development and industrialization of complex electromechanical products and supporting customers on certification of products within an applicable platform.
- Experience in research and development, industrial engineering, mechanical and electromechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated success in total profit and loss leadership of a high mix/low volume aerospace manufacturing business is required.