Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Security Gate Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Event Positions
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. Allied Universal Event Services is nationally recognized as an industry leading crowd management, event staffing and consulting company. We provide experienced and trained professionals, managers and personnel, to every type of venue and event imaginable. Our team members service thousands of shows and events annually.
The majority of our positions offer part-time and flexible schedules, which let you decide when you want to work! For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more!
- Gate Officers will perform two duties during their shift, one officer will man Gate 1 providing access control and second officer will conduct patrols of the entire facility. Gate officers will serve as Event Supervisors during events where no supervisor is scheduled; they will also serve as dispatch officers recording all activity in their daily activity report (DAR). The 75 unit will respond to all calls for assistance to include medical, maintenance, and facility access.
- Required: Guard Card, CPR/AED/First Aid Certified (if not certified we will certify onsite), Current Driver’s License
- Preferred: Past security experience, customer service experience, military or former law enforcement.
- Training Required: Management of aggressive behavior (MOB), Crowd Control Manager, Supervisor, Behind the Wheel Drivers training, Fire Panel Training Onsite
- Pay Rate- $14
- Position is full time, must be open to working days, swing, and overnight shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the
minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
2. Protects guests, staff, and venue ownership group assets by watching for security
breaches at vital checkpoints.
3. Responds quickly to potential crowd control issues and provides escorts for unruly
guests when ejections are warranted.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations of
different venues, facilities and events.
5. Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greetings to our guests as they arrive at your
facility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location and a sincere thanks as you
complete your encounter with each guests.
6. Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance their
7. Interactions with guests include a smile and use of a natural speaking voice, including
natural inflection and a friendly tone.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Be 18 years of age or older, high school diploma (or equivalent) required.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background
investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be
required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
• Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in
strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to
successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while
functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both
hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally
in person, and must be able to read, correspondence and report in English.
• The employee must constantly walk, stand, and reach with both hands and arms. The
employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to
climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
• Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read,
interact with public and co-workers.
• Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold,
rain or heat.
• Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to
successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
• Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties and responsibilities may
be assigned, with or without notice.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.