Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Controller in Irvine, CA at Vaco
Seeking an Assistant Controller to support the Company's accounting function in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. A self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, this individual will have a strong technical accounting background and will be a CPA.
Responsible for meeting deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including monthly and year-end close for 15 entities. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the monthly and year-end close, financial reporting and analysis.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closings.
- Assist with the enforcement of monthly/quarterly close accountabilities and procedures, and maintain checklists to ensure departmental compliance.
- Review and complete balance sheet account reconciliations on a pre-established calendar schedule.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Collaborates with the outside auditors, legal counsel and others to ensure the timely filing of all reporting and audit requirements.
- Support international expansion, and oversee accounting for international subsidiaries.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls.
- Supervise, train, develop and mentor accounting staff.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis preferred
- CPA preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred
- Five to seven years of accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage independently and partner with others to obtain results
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and implement a strategic vision
- Proven experience coaching and motivating a productive and cohesive team
- An attitude of "continuous improvement" and constant desire to improve efficiencies
- Ability to lead complex projects that require influence and implementation across business groups and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations
- Proven success working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Must be a "self-starter" with a problem-solver attitude, ability to multi-task