Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant - Marketing/Media in Los Angeles, CA at Vaco
Are you an up and coming Accountant with a strong desire to learn and grow with a company? Do you have accounting experience within a public company? If you are on the CPA-track and the above describes you then we have a great Staff Accountant opportunity for you that you must read about below!
A well respected South Bay marketing company is searching for an agile Staff Accountant to add to their team. This position is all about learning and development within the company. The ideal Staff Accountant is professionally hungry with a bright mind and great energy. The company is looking for recent college graduates who are CPA candidates who are looking to be groomed and eventually become leaders within the company. If you have this spark, then this is just for you! Please read more below to see if you could be a perfect match for this Staff Accountant role.
What you need for this Staff Accountant role:
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Advanced understanding of general accounting procedures and impact on other areas of the business
- Must be detail-oriented with a high standard of accuracy and precision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort in working with individuals at all organizational levels
- Must show initiative and have strong problem solving skills with a strong sense of accountability
- Likes to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Exemplary time management and organizational levels
- Ability to prioritize and multitask between projects
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Accounting degree required
What you will be doing in this Staff Accountant role - You will:
- Analyze transactions and prepare month end journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare schedules for financial, tax and other regulatory agency audits
- Reconcile intercompany transactions between related party companies on a monthly basis
- Perform additional research and special projects as requested
What's in this Staff Accountant role for you?
- Exposure to fun aspects of accounting (i.e. sales analysis)
- Small tight-knit team within a public company lends itself to exposure to all aspects of accounting
- Company takes good care of people and their careers
- Reports to a Manager we know well
So if you are a shining star looking for a place where your flame can burn brighter, than this opportunity is for you!