Ventura County Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Service Officer (MSC)
at Ventura County Credit Union
- Req No.
- Financial Services
- FT – Full Time
Responsible for answering incoming calls in a prompt and efficient manner. Responds to member inquires and performs a variety of services for members. This employee is expected to maintain a professional comportment at all times and comply with all Credit Union policies and procedures, including Standards of Conduct and Confidentiality. Part-time employees are expected to maintain flexibility with their schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be involved. Travel to other locations may be required.
- Develops and maintains understanding of features and capabilities of phone system.
- Answers inbound calls promptly, providing accurate information.
- Maintains proper phone etiquette and professionalism when interacting with members and coworkers.
- Maintains thorough product knowledge for all credit union products and services.
- Supports mission by proactively looking for members’ needs and cross selling Credit Union services and products; achieves sales/referral goals as assigned
- Actively participates in training classes, meetings and activities.
- Organizes workstation to be able to access reference materials and relevant information quickly in order to help members quickly and efficiently.
- Responds to member requests for transactions and information on accounts via telephone, e-mail and faxes.
- Processes transactions quickly and accurately.
- Maintains thorough understanding of all basic MSC functions and procedures.
- Adheres to VCCU’s policies regarding Standards of Conduct and Confidentiality.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST QUALIFY FOR AND MAINTAIN A FIDELITY BOND
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- One year previous Financial Institution experience is required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary sitting position 100% of the time. The person in the position must communicate constantly with members via telephone in order to convey information about their account and you must be able to exchange accurate information with them. You are occasionally required to traverse across the office/lobby to access files. You will constantly operate computer equipment using a keyboard, 10 touch keypads and other like office equipment to accurately calculate figures and input data. You will sometimes have to ascend/descend or position yourself to crouch or kneel for items on the floor. The employee must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an indoor work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ventura County Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, bullying or retaliation of any type or based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Ventura County Credit Union also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.