Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Data Scientist
at Viacom Inc.
- Job Locations
- US-CA-Hollywood | US-NY-New York
- iCIMS ID
Overview and Responsibilities
The Viacom Audience Science Group is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team (NYC or LA) and play a highly visible role across the Pluto TV streaming platform. The team is a centralized in-house team that encompasses media strategy, activation, data operations and audience insights and analytics. You should be eager and curious, familiar with digital media data, and have experience demonstrating complex data sets to drive user acquisition growth and retention.
The Data Scientist will also help evolve and enhance the Advanced Analytics capabilities within the team. You will provide strategic thought leadership and subject matter expertise on Advanced Analytics techniques and bring new opportunities, approaches, ideas, and perspectives.
Are you someone who:
- Has a combination of deep and sophisticated advanced analytical expertise, digital media math expert, a strategic and technical mindset, and project management proficiency, together with a real passion for building new capabilities and teams
- Can creatively structure ambiguous problems, own and drive projects from start to finish, apply sound business discernment, and communicate complex information effectively
- Has a sincere curious nature, desire to dive deep in the numbers to discover context and make the business case, and goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities
- You can build and test scalable data pipelines or models for real-time applications. Assure the quality of the outcome
- Apply advanced analytic techniques to drive marketing and LTV performance, isolate key KPI trends and performance pacing, optimize consumer online experiences, predict consumer behaviors, improve conversion and LTV, drive media & creative mix optimization and forecast critical business outcomes
- Effectively work across the advanced analytics lifecycle from data acquisition to visualization
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis
- Produce easy-to-understand, error-free, and timely deliverables that provide actionable insights that address client business objectives
- Support the development of measurement strategies, learning agendas, and roadmaps with input from senior team members and internal stakeholders
- Help establish and instill standards, methods, and best practices to advance the collective knowledge and skills
- You have Hands-on experience working with various advanced statistical modeling and other forms of quantitative analysis (MMM, MTA, TV attribution, media response modeling, forecasting, time series analysis, multivariate statistical analysis, factor analysis, regression analysis, propensity, etc.)
- Experience with data manipulation and statistical / analytical software packages (R, SPlus, SAS, SPSS, SQL) and coding / programming languages (SQL, Python).
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake or other big data platforms
- Hands-on experiences working with aggregate, cookie, user, device and event level datasets
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or Master's degree in quantitative studies preferred. The equivalent combination of education, training and work experience may be suitable
- 3-6 years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in strategic marketing/media analytics (online & offline, traditional, digital and cross-media)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate results in a meaningful way