Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volvo Group Global
This position is responsible for the mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment products. The technician will perform highly technical maintenance, diagnoses and troubleshooting on full line of Volvo Construction Equipment machinery and/or related equipment including equipment components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, computer, electrical and structural repairs including welding. Additional duties include the ability to provide consistent communication with customers, vendors, internal and external staff. Will regularly demonstrate safe and proper judgment and application of all tools and equipment.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities
- Demonstrate safe work and environmentally sound behaviors at all times in support of VCES California’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives.
- Promotes a customer first environment with emphasis on providing quality communication and work.
- Provides proficient diagnosing, testing and repairs on heavy equipment and related machinery.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics on Volvo product lines and systems.
- Ability to timely complete and submit work orders and warranty claims with detailed description as directed.
- Conducts jobs in a professional and customer oriented manner to assist the customers with their equipment concerns and provides detailed options to correct the issues.
- Responsible for the confirmation of the equipment function after repair.
- Ability to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting, as directed.
- Will exhibit appropriate diligence of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Capable of working independently or in a team, as directed.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime and occasionally stay overnight to complete assigned task, as needed.
- Must have all tools necessary to perform the required work and must maintain and secure them at all times.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on construction related equipment
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products.
- Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Frequent travel.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, crouching and overhead reaching; with occasional climbing of stairs and steps or step-ladder.
- Requires occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 30lbs.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?